Saturday, November 8, 2008

First Day of a Transition

Yesterday was the first day of a transition for me from full-time worker who sees his two sons on evenings and weekends to a part-time worker with primary parenting responsibility. I won't be quite a stay-at-home because I'm still going to work 20 hours a week. Most likely, I'm going to be a not-so-great employee and a not-so-great dad. Hopefully, though, I and everyone else in my family will be more sane because a parent will be putting the first grader on the bus and taking the toddler to child care. Likewise, I'll be able to grocery shop and do laundry and pay bills during the weekdays, leaving more evening and weekend time for family togetherness, downtime and dates for me and my wife.

My goal is to post a few times a week. We'll see how that goes.

No comments: