Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Beardectomy

After a few months with my beard, I shaved it Monday night. On Tuesday, the first person outside my family to say anything at all about it was the crossing guard at Charlie's bus stop after a full day of work and a visit to a client site. This proves my boss's favorite aphorism: "we worry so much what others think about us, we forget how rarely they do."

The strangest thing anyone said while I had the beard was "Wow! I like the beard. It adds ten years." Um, thanks?

Anyway, for posterity, I captured the unbearding process.

2 comments:

Anne H. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anne H. said...

I think you're handsome either way but I could be considered prejudiced. Thanks for not stopping at any of the stages shown in the video, especially the asshole one. What's with that?