Tuesday, February 14, 2012

HHHHHH: Where do we keep the pie weights?









I usually like these HHHHHH posts to feature more tested material, but I thought up a solution to a vexing problem this week and implemented it immediately.  We use certain items for cooking very rarely.  When we need them, though, we really need them.  Our kitchen storage prioritizes the oft-used items, of course, so these other things get tucked into out-of-the-way places.  When I need any given item obscura, I often struggle to remember which high shelf, deep cupboard or nested hiding place where we keep it.  Moving from a kitchen we'd inhabited for ten years to a new kitchen 18 months ago exacerbates the problem.  We might only use a given item once a quarter or less.

So, I started a list and posted it inside a cabinet door.  Next time I need the pie weights, I know where to look.  Each time one of us goes on a hunt for something, we can add it to the list.


What can't you find in your kitchen when you need it?

No comments: