Tuesday, January 21, 2014

HHHHHH: Android Cursor Control








I guess I should call this Happy Househusband's Helpful Handheld Hints, but I don't want to recreate that masthead graphic.

One thing I hate about a phone with no hard keyboard is getting into the middle of a word that I've typed.  Everybody finds that annoying and starts saying mean things about the coarse size of their own fingers when it happens.  I discovered while looking for something else that there's a setting buried deep in my Samsung Galaxy S 3 with the latest Android update (earlier in January 2014) that helps.

In Settings under Person in Language and Input behind the gears setting icon on Samsung keyboard under Keyboard swipe, there's a setting called Cursor control.  When activated, it essentially turns the keyboard into a trackpad that can be used to "arrow around" within typed text.  It takes some getting used to, but it's much better than the hover and jab technique I've used up to now.

You're welcome.

No comments: